THE ESTA USA
The ESTA USA is a travel requirement for visitors to the USA who do not require a visa. The ESTA form allows you to request an ESTA in a few minutes. The cost per person is €79.
How to obtain an ESTA for the USA ?
- Completing the ESTA form: The ESTA application should be completed in a few minutes. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to complete the ESTA USA form online.
- Pay for your ESTA online: Payment for the ESTA is done securely by card (Mastercard/Visa) or PayPal.
- Get an official ESTA provided by the American government: The ESTA is a quick and easy way to ensure that you will have no difficulties during your trip. It is confirmed by email, SMS or phone in less than an hour!
How does ESTA USA work and what is it?
The ESTA is a computerized authorization to visit the country. The abbreviation "ESTA" stands for "Electronic System for Travel Authorization". The ESTA is a computerized authorization to visit the United States. The need for ESTA is due to a security measure decided by the American Department of Homeland Security, which allows authorities to pre-screen all visitors and deport undesirable persons. Before departure, transportation companies, such as shipping companies or airlines, ensure that each passenger possesses a valid authorization. CBP's travel authorization database is searched based on the traveler and their passport number.
How do I submit an application for an ESTA ?
You can submit an electronic ESTA application form from this page anytime to obtain a USA ESTA. Group applications can also be done using multiple travelers on a single ESTA form. Each visitor takes approximately five to ten minutes to complete this ESTA form. Then you can pay the fee, which is currently €79 per person. Credit cards or PayPal are accepted methods of payment. Once you have paid, the application is processed.
How long is an ESTA valid ?
An ESTA authorization allows unlimited business or tourist visits to the USA during its 2-year validity period (from the date of issue). The ESTA is a document that allows people to stay in the United States for 90 days. It is important to note that any visit during these 90 days to the Caribbean, Mexico or Canada is part of this period. Anyone wishing to remain in the USA for more than 90 days must apply for a visa. The travel authorization, linked to your passport and valid for 24 months from the day it was issued, will also expire if the passport associated with your ESTA USA expires.
Is the application for an ESTA USA suitable for my purposes?
The ESTA USA is not a VISA, it does not allow travelers to work in the United States. With an ESTA, you can work for a company based outside the United States and that's it. A tourist or business trip, a stopover, a visit to relatives or friends in the United States can be done with an ESTA authorization. For professional activities such as journalism, investment in an American company or training, a regular visa is necessary.
Is it possible to apply for an ESTA in a hurry?
The average approval time for an ESTA authorization for the United States is one hour. If you check the "emergency" box on the ESTA form on this website, you can request an emergency ESTA. Your request will then be processed on a priority basis. After authorization, you will receive a confirmation by SMS and e-mail. There is no need to print this confirmation, so you can submit your application while you are at the airport.
In some situations, an emergency request may take a little longer. Therefore, it is essential that you applyquickly for an ESTA once you have determined that you will be traveling to the USA : you do not have to have an address or contact in the USA at the time you submit your application. If you have any further questions about how to apply for an ESTA USA, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What else do you need to know about the ESTA?
- If you are not in possession of an authorized ESTA to visit, you will not be able to board your cruise or flight.
- In most cases, you will be required to have an ESTA USA if you are traveling to the U.S. for pleasure, a stopover, or business.
- The ESTA does not apply to those entering the USA via land or to those with a valid US passport or visa.
- The ESTA is required for persons under the age of majority.
- ESTA can be completed entirely online, so no appointment at an American embassy or consulate is necessary. The process is therefore a lot quicker and simpler than obtaining a visa.
What are the requirements for obtaining an ESTA?
- Even if you have an ESTA or an U.S. visa, customs can refuse entry at any time if they feel you are a danger.
- Travelers are not eligible for an ESTA USA if they previously visited or held citizenship in any of the following countries: North Korea, Iran, Somalia, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen or Sudan.
- In the U.S., you must follow health precautions for coronavirus.
- If you plan to travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands, Alaska, Puerto Rico, , Guam or Hawaii, the ESTA USA is also required.
- A transit or return ticket must be presented when entering the U.S. to establish the intent to depart the country once the trip is complete.
- Non-compliant travelers may be detained and denied future authorization to travel to the USA if they do not meet the ESTA requirements above.